NATIONAL DAY FOR TRUTH & RECONCILIATION
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2023
THE COLOUR ORANGE
An evening in honour of Truth & Reconciliation
Join us for an evening honouring Truth & Reconciliation - an Indigenous Art Gallery in The Forest at Pineridge Hollow. Featuring local Indigenous artists, culture and community to honour the Residential School Survivors and their families.
This event is to support, educate and share in the advancement of the reconciliation process. Most of the art featured will be for sale, cash is preferred as all proceeds go to the artists. All silent auction ticket sales will be donated to The Anish Corporation, a non-profit organization.
No ticket required, however we kindly request that you RSVP to assist us in estimating the number of attendees.
THE ANISH CORP.
Sales from Support Tickets and from the In Person Silent Auction will be donated directly to The Anish Corp.,
a non-profit organization.
The Anish Corp. head office is located on the Swan Lake First Nation urban reserve in Headingley, Manitoba.
They deliver culturally appropriate health & wellness related programs and services to primarily Indigenous people regardless of residence, sex, gender, and sexual orientation. Their work includes advancing gender equality for Indigenous womxn in Manitoba.
Their services include:
- Resolution Health Support Workers (RHSW) services to Indian Residential School, Indian Day School, and their families through a Contribution Agreement with Department of Indigenous Services Canada.
- Health, wellness and cultural workshops & presentations
- Emotional support provided by our Resolution Health Support Workers
- Assistance with the cost of transportation can be provided by contacting our Regional Coordinator’s office toll-free at 1-866-818-350
- When necessary, providing referrals to other community services and programs
- Professional counselling referrals
- Cultural support & referrals
- Coordinate training opportunities with other Indian Residential School (IRS) Resolution Health Support organizations;
- Design and deliver professional development training and meeting facilitation services
Anish Corporation creates innovative partnerships that advance reconciliation and promotes equality for all Indigenous people.