Valentine's Day Recipe: Creme Brulee French Toast
Crème brûlée French Toast & Raspberry Whipped Cream
Looking for a decadent dish to serve up your sweetie this Valentine's Day? We've got you. This simple recipe is the perfect way to start the day and celebrate your love for the special person (or people!) in your life. Custard-like french toast is finished with that infamous caramelized sugar crunch and is finished with a blush berry whipped cream. Served along side a great cup of coffee or maybe even a mimosa - this breakfast will instantly steal a piece of your heart.
I N G R E D I E N T S:
3 Large egg yolks
1½ cups Half and Half
¼ cup Icing Sugar (more for dusting if desired)
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
8 Thick slices of your favourite bakery fresh or homemade bread
1/3 cup granulated sugar
RASPBERRY WHIPPED CREAM
1 cup whipping cream
2 tsp raspberry syrup
M E T H O D :
1. Heat a pan over medium heat. In a bowl, whisk together all ingredients except bread.
2. Dip bread in egg mixture on both sides. Melt a little bit of butter and transfer soaked bread to pan. Cook until golden brown on each side.
3. While French toast is cooking, prepare raspberry whipped cream. With a hand mixer or stand mixer whip the cream until stiff peaks, then fold in raspberry syrup.
4. Once all slices are cooked add the "brûlée" to your French toast. Sprinkle 1-2 tsp of granulated sugar over each slice of bread. Caramelize until golden and bubbly with a cooking torch. Alternatively, arrange the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and set under the broiler until golden brown.
5. Serve immediately with raspberry whipped cream, maple syrup and fresh berries. For the best possible results, serve it in bed with a side of bacon.